The Assistant Instructor (AI) course is the first half of the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program. Become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills.
If you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and want an extraordinary life - become a PADI Instructor. Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you enjoy - being in, around and under water. PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors and PADI Assistant Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world because they've completed the program that sets the standard for training dive professionals.
The Instructor Development Course (IDC) is made up of two parts - the Assistant Instructor (AI) course and the Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program.
Successfully completing just the AI course results in a PADI Assistant Instructor qualification. When an AI is ready to progress, attending an OWSI program allows entry into an IE to earn a full PADI Instructor rating.
A PADI Divemaster who has been a certified diver for six months may enroll in the PADI Instructor Development Course. You also need:
- At least 60 logged dives and 100 dives to attend an IE.
- Emergency Response and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Over a minimum of five days, but usually more like seven, the IDC teaches you to conduct all PADI core courses. You'll be able to organize and present information, conduct skill development sessions and control open water dives. Basically, you become a better public speaker and get really good at demonstrating skills while watching out for student diver safety. Key topics include:
- PADI Standards and Procedures for courses you can teach with in water workshops
- Learning, Instruction and the PADI System
- Risk Management and Diver Safety
- The Business of Diving and your role as an instructor
- Marketing Diving and Sales Counseling
How to take this course!
- Available as an Online Course
- Call now to schedule
- Course Cost: $1200.00 Includes training materials and instruction.
Call us at (224) 333-0800 to book your Assistant Instructor Course